How are things going with your New Year’s resolutions or contracts you’ve made with yourself? Good, I hope! Things are going pretty good here, too!
Update on Contract With Me
- My schedule is working! There is structure, yet it is not so rigid that failure is even possible. And I feel like I’ve accomplished lots every day. In fact, I accomplish more than I even plan!
- I have made the goals I planned to make. I won’t bore you with the details, but I will be able to actually collecting data to monitor progress on January 15 as planned. Loyal readers will find reports here about my Artist’s Dates in the future as well as news on how the schedule is amended as projects are completed and new projects added.
I think I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves, but here’s what’s included in this week’s projects*:
- ByGone Stitches‘ Quaker Virtues in Threadworx Shanghai Nights and Weeks Dye Works Turkish Red on Mushroom Lugana 32 ct Threadworx 1 thread over 1, Weeks 2 threads over 1
- Ink Circles’ Cirque des Coeurs in Caron’s Wildflowers #081, Black Cherry on white congress cloth†
- European Reproduction Samplers’ Erna Schupplelius, ca 1900 worked in Weeks Dye Works #2271 Peony and DMC floss 816 for accent work on antique white Irish linen
- Durene Jone’s Christmas Countdown per her pattern‡.
- Knit Simple Holiday Issue 2012, Keyhole Scarf
- Blackwork Lessons Thread Sampler Fabric Book
* If you would like to see the model images you can check out the links included in the legend in the previous post about scheduling time for creativity. These links are just for the home pages of the copyright owners of the patterns.
† I unstitched the the top larger heart motif once and the left upper square side once as I was off by one stitch. I am pleased that the shadow from the previous stitching is fading the more I stitch over.
‡ This link is for the image of the stitching completed by me for Christmas this year. Two more families need one!
Have you made any stitching resolutions for this year? How’s it going for you? Still on target? Going to restart? Given up? Tell us your story!